12:00 - 13:00
Not everything in the world is an object. That’s why DDD defines different design patterns, like Entity, Value Object, Repository, etc. With C# 9 Microsoft has provides us with Record Types. They help in many cases to implement DDD’s Value Objects. That way we can express our domain in a natural way and reduce boilerplate code.
In this talk we will look at:
* what’s behind the motto “Codes like a class – works like an int”
* why immutabilty leads to less failures
* the new syntax to support record types
* how value types are implemented in other languages
* and most important: how value types can help us to provide a better domain model